HEAT VENTILATION AIR CONDITIONING
It is a sub disciple of mechanical services that deals with the art of centralized air conditioning and ventilation systems and layout in a building. The design of HVAC component is critical to achieve an efficient and effective environmental control system within a liveable. The successful integration of building constraints, air movement conditions and equipment selection can positively impact system overall performance and decrease utility expenses and capital expenditures. To achieve the optimal design, one should need good analytical skills and up-to-date technical knowledge in the subject. Comfort is a state of mind and is our profession.
We follow : ASHRAE® guidelines and standards
- What is HVAC?,Applications, Human comfort range, Modes of heat transfer, Types of heat, Psychometry, Refrigerants and refrigeration cycles, Pressure enthalpy diagrams, types of air conditioning systems.
- Meeting the client’s needs, Understanding the codes and standards, Knowing the updates, Coordination with other services, Softwares complying to the codes, Briefing design reports
- Fundamentals of heating and air conditioning, Building survey, Outside and room design conditions, Space envelope and U factor calculation, Fresh air requirements, Factors of heat gain/ loss, Calculation of Tr, ADP, ESHF, Air flow rate, Heating capacity
- Heating and cooling load estimate , Carrier e20 II method (HAP software)
- Ducts and air system sizing, Ducting terminology, Different types of air systems, Design parameters, Duct routing, Different methods of duct sizing, Air terminal selection, Filters, Air dampers, VCD,Ggauge selection, Bill of materials and costing
- Static pressure calculation (fan selection), Fan laws, Backward and forward curved fans, Air change number per hour, Static and velocity pressure, Duct fitting coefficients, Fan selection curves, Brake horse power of fan.
- Chilled water system design, Chillers selection, Pipe sizing (manual and McQuay method), Primary secondary piping system, Actuator valves, Cooling tower selection and performance, Expansion tanks.
- Head calculations (pump selection), Pump laws, Open and closed loop systems, Equivalent pipe length for valves and fittings, VFD enabled pumps, Primary secondary pumping systems.
- Boiler system design, Boiler capacity, Energy consumption, Pipe sizing, Pipe materials and insulation.
- VRV® or VRF system design, VRF system sizing ,Two pipe and three pipe systems, Outdoor unit capacity, pipe sizing, VRV in ASHRAE, Variable water volume
- Cooling coil selection, Coil ADP, Sensible heat ratio, Number of rows selection for DX and chilled water coils, Refrigerant pipe sizing.
- Refrigeration load estimate , Project requirements, Properties of storage commodity, Cold store architecture and purpose, Insulation level, Load estimation, Equipment selection.
- Energy efficient HVAC, Star ratings, performance ratios, Insulating materials, Heat recovery systems, VFD, Under floor cooling, Geothermal systems, Wind towers.
- SBasics of Draughting
- Introduction to AutoCAD, Commands of AutoCAD and familiarization
- Reading architectural, Structural & RC plans (Plan, , Elevation, section)
- Legends, Fixture placements
- Single and double line diagrams- Ducting and piping layouts ,Duct fittings calculation and representation, Duct and pipe supports.
- Shop drawings, Sectional drawings Level and slope representations.